“Health is the greatest gift” said Buddha, what else would be most precious and to wish for to our friends and family than the best for their health. “Around 30 percent of annual retail sales occur between Black Friday and Christmas. A total spending on gift cards has increased 28 percent since 2006. More than $54 million dollars were spend in 2014 for health and personal care stores, making it the second most attractive sector after electronic shopping in the United States.” Make the holidays a moment to care more for one another.
My top 5 gifts for the holidays:
1. Pimag Waterfall: $249 at www.nikken.com/watermatters
Water means more than 70% of who we are. If you want to nail the core, start drinking alkaline water.
You can enjoy clean, filtered and enhanced drinking water for a fraction of what bottled water costs. And you’ll be saving more than money — at the same time you’re helping to protect the environment.
The PiMag Waterfall® is certified to meet contaminant-reduction specifications of ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53 in reducing compounds including aesthetic chlorine, chloramine, mercury and volatile organic compounds. This level of performance is superior to filtration in other water systems that cost ten times the price, require electrical power and produce wastewater.
The PiMag Waterfall adjusts water pH to help balance against a typical modern diet and lifestyle that can lead to excess acidity.
Ionizing technology saturates water with electron-rich ions to neutralize free radicals, while pi ceramics and Nikken magnetic technology complete the process. And as alternative to commercially bottled water, the PiMag Waterfall helps reduce the number of discarded, disposable bottles that become trash in landfills.
More than a gift, you are investing in their health
2. Kenko Power Sleep Mask $39 at www.nikken.com/watermatters
I know nothing better than a good night sleep, it means not just the day after but the entire week.
“According to research by the National Institute of Sleep, using a sleep mask and ear plugs can reduce the time it takes to get to sleep and increase the amount of REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep.
Researchers have also found that their study subjects had higher levels of circulating melatonin in their blood and (therefore) awoke less frequently than those who didn’t wear masks or ear plugs.”*
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Patented DynaFlux® Magnetic Technology
• Far-Infrared Technology
• Negative-Ion Technology
• Eliminates light distraction
• Comfortable, soft fit
• Washable for easy care
• For better sleep anywhere
3. Kenzen Ten4® Energy Drink Mix $49 at www.nikken.com/watermatters
We all love coffee, come on how can a Costarican not? But you know what, change is good.
Wake up your body and mind the healthy way. Kenzen Ten4® is now made with USDA certified organic ingredients, contains no sugar and is only 8 calories per serving. Matcha green tea is known as “nature’s own energy drink” while New Zealand kiwi is the most nutrient-dense of the superfruits. Whether it’s 10 am or 4 pm, you’ll experience hours of energy, a feeling that supercharges you mentally and physically.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• An all-natural energy drink mix made with only 4 organic ingredients: Matcha green tea, Brown rice solids, Kiwi fruit and Stevia leaf extract.
• Helps burn calories, boost metabolism and support mental alertness.
• Contains 80 mg of natural caffeine from matcha green tea—provides an energy boost without jitteriness.
• No artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. No added sugar.
• Non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan.
• Naturally rich in antioxidants from Matcha green tea and New Zealand kiwi.
• New Zealand kiwi is high in vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, minerals and fiber, and contains Actazin, a phytonutrient enzyme that promotes healthy gut bacteria for maintaining good digestion and overall health.
• Only 8 sugar-free calories.
4. True Elements® Refreshing Tonic Lotion $37 at www.nikken.com/watermatters
OK, if there is one product from anyone’s beauty routine that can not be replaced it is indeed THE TONIC.
TO PERFECT YOUR CLEANSING ROUTINE this soft and alcohol-free. Laminaria extract together with sodium-light, spray-dried seawater, activate cellular exchanges and microcirculation. Aloe vera, chondrus, and ulva soothe and moisturize the upper layers of the epidermis. The skin recovers tonicity, comfort and brightness. • Aloe vera helps to restore suppleness
• Crithmum maritimum contributes to radiance and tone
• Laminaria helps to activate cellular exchanges and blood microcirculation
• Overall, perfects makeup removal
• Helps skin recover tonicity and radiance
• Organic — certified by Ecocert
5. KenkoTouchTM at $249 in www.nikken.com/watermatters
What we all need, A MASSAGE.
Massage is a proven, effective treatment for muscle aches and inflammation. A deep-tissue massage can loosen tight muscles, ease discomfort, stimulate circulation and relieve stress. A good massage can produce positive results even for those who enjoy excellent health. KenkoTouchTM is a unique, advanced system that gives you a heightened magnetic massage experience.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Active surface promotes relaxation and relief with moving nodules that produce a firm, slightly yielding sensation.
• The simple, reliable design eliminates the vibration commonly found in hand-held massagers.
• Patented DynaFlux® Magnetic Technology increases area of magnetic coverage and extends depth of field for greater penetration, creating a multiplier effect not available in other magnetic devices.
• Far-Infrared Technology with specialized reflective fibers can help soothe tense or strained muscles, tendons and joints with gentle, consistent warming.
• Self-regulating, to prevent heat buildup and keep you comfortable.
• Negative-Ion Technology helps refresh and invigorate by creating the concentration of negative ions found in forest air, to promote the feeling of well-being.
• Advanced design for easy usage: ergonomic contour shape, adjustable and removable strap.
• Massage speed is selectable, with three settings and automatic shutoff after 10 minutes.
• Heat-sensing safety automatically switches off unit at 80º C/176º F internal temperature.
• Operates on an internal rechargeable battery and USB connector.
“Cyber Monday was November 28, 2016, the first Monday after Thanksgiving. It’s expected to be the biggest shopping day of the year. Shoppers will spend $3.36 billion online, a 9.4 percent increase. That means it would replace Black Friday, according to Adobe Digital Insights.”
Gifts that make a difference in the long run:
1. A 3 or 6 month membership to a GYM is in average $150-$300 according to the city. Make sure you get your family or friends the closest GYM to where THEY LIVE. It is proven this increases engagement tremendously.
2. Personal Training and Nutritionist: if you’ve done the GYM membership before and didn’t work, don’t give up! try sessions with a certified and preferably experienced Personal Trainer and Nutritionist, they will help following up.
3. A Fitness Gadget that will motivate your close member to begin a more active lifestyle: new running shoes that fit their feet type?
4. Is your close one suffering a disease physical or physiological? Get close to them and ask! Understanding their condition better by doing a proper research makes them feel they are not alone; and perhaps you can even find out something new they didn’t know!
5. TIME with your love ones is my most important gift. If you are not with them, give them a call of care. That means actually and genuinely caring about what their lives are about, if you can visit absolutely do it !
Feel good about yourself by making someone else feel good about themselves, a gift with a purpose is what starts the #chainofhealth